Wednesday, September 12, 2007

CNC

CNC machines have fascinated me for a while. I think they are a great asset to a shop, and they are almost reasonable to build one in house if you follow the tech brief (the cost was around 2k if I remember correctly). While still too costly for some shops to build, I have been able to get parts cnc cut from local vendors pretty reasonably as well. At any rate, since I have access to 2 different machines now, I have been doing a little research into their capacities. One article
(link: http://www.cncci.com/resources/articles/CNC%20basics%201.htm)
I thought I would pass along since it talked about how the machines worked. While the article does get into alot of programming (which we eliminate by using CAD drawings to show the path), there is alot of information on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment