Thursday, August 16, 2007

Easy to make drawers

An alternative to making drawers is metabox. http://www.cabinetware.com/DrawerSystems-Metabox.asp Its basically a drawer system that eliminates the hassle and difficulty of making cabinetry. you attach a bottom plate and from plate to the metabox hardware and your off and running with a drawer. It installs into preexisting cabinetry as well. The link listed above has a variety of PDF's about metabox available (as well as other products).

I think its an interesting idea. I know when I build storage projects around my house I always avoid drawers because I don't like the hassle of all of the hardware and joinery. Of course my excuse is that my home shop doesn't have the capability of the fine joinery (rabbit joints, planers, etc) that I would like to have to do the job right.

No comments:

Post a Comment