Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Inventions and Gadgets

I have been reading design news lately – the website is definitely one that I would recommend. I particularly enjoy some of the gadget freak articles which describe a variety of technical innovations. They are fun and include build instructions if you wish to build your own.

They have a blog as well:
http://www.designnews.com/blog/920000292.html

I like the this week in history, and that they have a section devoted to engineering disasters (at the moment the I-35 bridge collapse). The calamites section describes smaller disasters, but are informative but fun to read as well. As seeing how something went wrong can be as helpfulas how things were built correctly, I like to read this sort of stuff. All in all, its definitely a site work spending some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment